Our History

The roots of HBR Chemicals extend back to Lala Har Bhagwan Rangwala who started the trading of dyes in North and North West of India in the year 1895. His pioneering vision and business acumen set the foundation for the setting up of HBR Chemicals, which itself started as a small shop in the Tilak Bazar area of New Delhi. The strong devotion to customer intimacy and unparalleled service to customers formed the backbone for the growth of the company. Late Shri Krishan Kumar Agarwal often discussed the rest-house that was constructed by him next to the shop. This allowed many customers, especially from out of Delhi to come and unwind before going about their day. This rest-house became the personification of our vision: To develop excellent customer intimacy by providing color solutions for their problems.

Since then HBR Chemicals has expanded to production of Dyes. We were one of the pioneers in dyes manufacturing and set up large scale operations in 1979. We started with production of a range of basic dyes. After successfully developing a good customer base in India we started exporting initially to Europe and then later across the world. We diversified into production of Acid Dyes and Sulfur dyes as well and finally after a few more years launched the production of Solvent Dyes. Since then we have concentrated on developing technologies and production capabilities which help us work towards our vision. Fast forwarding to today, we are producing more than 15 different products across applications ranging from textile to aerospace plastics and are supplying to five continents across the globe. We endeavour to continue pursuing and growing with times.....